The world’s problems keep coming thick and fast and it’s getting tougher to keep your balance. Good thing we were born to go.
All-vinyl edition with some more of that sweet Sun Voyager album from King Pizza, new stuff from Riding Easy and Stolen Body records, some early aughts throwbacks and of course vintage ticklers and extended trips.
STRAP IN AND STAY WEIRD.
Continue reading #1815: Born To Go
My first taste of Belgian rock duo The Glucks was at the hands of a fan of the show by the name of Lansing Rawls. He sent me a link to their 2016 LP “Youth On Stuff” and once I heard the title track I was immediately turned on by the raw breathless vitality of it. Now they’ve followed it up with the equally potent new release “Run Amok.” Continue reading What’s That Sound? The Glucks – Run Amok
This week is ALL VINYL as I exercise a little inner exploration. Mostly modern psych and rock riffs with vintage touches in the second hour. Hang on, dig deep, rock out.
Catch Old Time Religion Radio
every Tuesday from 5-7PM EST / 10-midnight GMT on AffinityRadio.net
every Thursday from 12-2PM EST / 5-7PM GMT on http://thefaceradio.com / http://tun.in/sfzYq
Full playlist below–>
Continue reading #1810: Time Trap
Seasons are changing and times are strange but I still have my favorite LPs.
- George Harrison – All Things Must Pass (1970)
- Thee Michelle Gun Elephant – Gear Blues (1998)
- The Honeycombs – Here Are The Honeycombs (1964)
- Low Culture – Places To Hide (2016)
- Ray Charles – Genius + Soul = Jazz (1961)
More great vinyl releases past and present!
Enjoy and if you like Old Time Religion Radio, I’d be much obliged if you’d tell a friend.
Have a great February!
- Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band – Diddy Wah Diddy 7″ (1966, reissued 2012)
- Danava – UnonoU (2008, reissued 2015)
- Sly & the Family Stone – Anthology (1981)
- Telephone – s/t (1977)
- Slow Season – Westing (2016)
It’s a new year, here’s hoping you’re doing well so far. Here are my five favorite vinyl records currently in my collection. Hope you enjoy, if you do please share, and go out in the world and kick some ass.
- Beck – Sea Change (2002)
- Silberbart – 4 Times Sound Razing (1971)
- Charles Albright – Weight 7″ (2011)
- Coke Weed – Mary Weaver (2015)
- Neil Young – Tonight’s The Night (1975)
There have been a lot of dismal things about this year but it’s almost over and there have been some damn fine musical releases. In my top five are a couple of classic blues-rock records, some newer releases from my favorite labels, and some local Brooklyn boys. Enjoy and share!
- JuJu – s/t (2016)
- Fanny Adams – s/t (1971)
- Chocolat – Rencontrer Looloo (2016)
- Spooky Tooth – Spooky Two (1969)
- The Frightnrs – Nothing More To Say (2016)
It’s time for another installment of my five favorite records for the month! Let me know what you think at your leisure on Twitter @OTR_RadioHour…
- White Mystery – Outta Control 7″
- The Nice – Keith Emerson & the Nice
- The Harlequins – One With You
- Jimi Hendrix – Hendrix In The West
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Rated X
Happy Labor day to all my friends in the U.S. Enjoy your weekend and if you get a chance between barbecues, check out my five favorites from my collection in September.
Be safe! Have fun!
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – B.R.M.C.
- The Kinks – The Kink Kronikles
- Black Mountain – IV
- King Crimson – Red
- Morgan Delt – Phase Zero
I recorded this as a response to my old friend Chris over at EATVINYL (see his original vid athttps://youtu.be/qY1A5IvIeYk and follow him on Instagram @EatVinyl)
He shared his top 5 favorite at the moment, and so here I am sharing mine in return. We’ve been friends for over 20 years and our musical tastes meet and diverge in interesting places. Look out for more collaborations coming soon!
- Ancient Ocean – Blood Moon
- The Mothers of Invention – Just Another Band From L.A.
- Soundtrack Of Our Lives – Behind The Music
- Neil Young – s/t
- Brown Acid: The First Trip