Apparently spring’s arrival has me in the mood for pops and crackles because all I wanna do is spin vinyl right now. Much like my recent KPISS appearance (thanks again to Sheri and to Tony for bringing the heat) and last week’s show, this week is all-vinyl and almost no talk. It’s a weird and warm just like spring in NYC, hope that it adds something to your sunny day and if it does, tell a friend!
Full playlist below->
Continue reading #1713: Wandering Light
Gorgeous weather in NYC and with no kids around this week I’ve been soaking in music for the past few days. This set’s a little different than usual in that it’s 100% all-vinyl and I don’t talk hardly at all. To share in this dreamy week of mine I figured I’d let you sit back and enjoy the ride, a mix of old and new with that nice vinyl fuzz enveloping it.
Big love to KPISS, Radio Free Brooklyn, the Rodent Hour, Cinema Cinema, Tony Conquerrah, Skunkmello, Winstons & my pal Frank for making spring’s debut week so badass!
Full playlist right down here -> Continue reading #1712: The Illusion Crawls
Bad weather’s bearing down on NYC this week so I’m bringing the psychedelic vibes to cushion the blow. This set starts out with a shout out to badass women then heads into the atmosphere with some extended tracks and FUZZ FOR DAYS!
Featuring the premiere of the new White Mystery single plus brand new music from Stuyedeyed, Baked, The Black Doldrums, Dire Wolves, Sundays & Cybele, & the Black Delta Movement. And of course the blend of vintage and modern fuzz you’ve come to expect.
Bundle up, put your back to the wind and prepare to be blown away!
Continue reading #1709: A Little Touch Of Gravity
Seasons are changing and times are strange but I still have my favorite LPs.
- George Harrison – All Things Must Pass (1970)
- Thee Michelle Gun Elephant – Gear Blues (1998)
- The Honeycombs – Here Are The Honeycombs (1964)
- Low Culture – Places To Hide (2016)
- Ray Charles – Genius + Soul = Jazz (1961)
It’s a new year, here’s hoping you’re doing well so far. Here are my five favorite vinyl records currently in my collection. Hope you enjoy, if you do please share, and go out in the world and kick some ass.
- Beck – Sea Change (2002)
- Silberbart – 4 Times Sound Razing (1971)
- Charles Albright – Weight 7″ (2011)
- Coke Weed – Mary Weaver (2015)
- Neil Young – Tonight’s The Night (1975)
It’s time for another installment of my five favorite records for the month! Let me know what you think at your leisure on Twitter @OTR_RadioHour…
- White Mystery – Outta Control 7″
- The Nice – Keith Emerson & the Nice
- The Harlequins – One With You
- Jimi Hendrix – Hendrix In The West
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Rated X
I recorded this as a response to my old friend Chris over at EATVINYL (see his original vid athttps://youtu.be/qY1A5IvIeYk and follow him on Instagram @EatVinyl)
He shared his top 5 favorite at the moment, and so here I am sharing mine in return. We’ve been friends for over 20 years and our musical tastes meet and diverge in interesting places. Look out for more collaborations coming soon!
- Ancient Ocean – Blood Moon
- The Mothers of Invention – Just Another Band From L.A.
- Soundtrack Of Our Lives – Behind The Music
- Neil Young – s/t
- Brown Acid: The First Trip